Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Powers That Be


Do I believe in the powers that be. Well, no, not really if I’m being completely honest. Do I believe that there is a greater power governing the universes happenings? No. Cause that would take the fun out of those few little times where something super unlikely happens and I’m such a good sport about it. Instead, I believe that it takes a special kind of person to see the humor in life. For example, anyone else last night would have been annoyed, angry, confused, or any other sort of weak, girly emotion. But i find it funny that we would run into eachother. Its been so long since ive seen you that i almost didnt recognize you last night. Sure, youve looked better, and you were with some other guy when i got there, and I'm sure you didnt expect me to show up, but it happened. Its also strange that on a night where i invite some of my friends who had helped me through some of the tougher times in my life, i also happen to see you. Friends like Christina or Matt, ryan and francesco, friends who youve been in the presence of and know pretty well. My biggest concern, however, wasnt my friends, but the fact that you were in the same room as my girlfriend. In retrospect, that was a pretty risky situation, cause i could have ended up looking like a fool in front of everyone. Luckily, it didnt get to that point. You minded your own business and i minded mine. At one point i thought things were really going to fly off the handle when i accidentally got ketchup on you. It didnt seem like you noticed though. Thank god for that. You just sat there calm and cool. To be honest, i admire you for that. Part of me wished you had done something to grab my attention, but that part of me wasnt there last night, and the other part of me definitely didnt want that. The last thing i need is you getting sauce all over my shirt anyways because i wanted your “attention”. In the end it was nice seeing you again, and although it was tempting to get saucy with one another like we used to, I’m glad things were as dry as they were. At least that way we could avoid any sticky situations if you know what i mean. I guess what I’m trying to say is that i missed you, and seeing some other guy with his lips all over you made me realize just how long its been since ive had you in my mouth.
I love you chicken wings. If youre reading this, last night was last night, and today is today, and for both of our sake, i think thats the way we should keep it. Ill have a beer to that. And also, heres to not writing something depressing for once.

P.s. You were a lot fattier than i remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment